Amy Winehouse Had Planned to Adopt Child
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 August 2011 8:13 AM
The New York Post says Any Winehouse was in the final stages of adopting a ten-year-old girl from St. Lucia before her death at the age of 27 last week. The family of Dannika Augustine says the singer met the little girl while frequenting her grandmother’s bar on a visit to the island. They say the pair was inseparable, spending their time “playing, horse-riding and walking up and down the beach hand in hand.” The girl’s family said they had no qualms about Winehouse adopting the little girl, despite her very public battle with drugs and alcohol.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 28, 2014
- Russian Crime Ring Steals 1 Billion Passwords
- Where are the Women Sports Pundits?
- It’s a Jungle Out There: Learning to Drive in New York City
- School Cafeteria Food Healthier Than Packed Lunches
- California Assembly Passes Cellphone Kill Switch Bill