Amy Winehouse Had Planned to Adopt Child
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 August 2011 8:13 AM
The New York Post says Any Winehouse was in the final stages of adopting a ten-year-old girl from St. Lucia before her death at the age of 27 last week. The family of Dannika Augustine says the singer met the little girl while frequenting her grandmother’s bar on a visit to the island. They say the pair was inseparable, spending their time “playing, horse-riding and walking up and down the beach hand in hand.” The girl’s family said they had no qualms about Winehouse adopting the little girl, despite her very public battle with drugs and alcohol.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 22, 2013
- 9-Year-Old Airplane Stowaway Sparks Investigation
- Halloween Candy Sugar Math
- Furloughed Government Workers Return to Swamped Email Inboxes
- Obama Aides Launched Twitter Sting to Nab Renegade Tweeter
- The Significance of Saying “I”