Amy Winehouse Had Planned to Adopt Child
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 1 August 2011 8:13 AM
The New York Post says Any Winehouse was in the final stages of adopting a ten-year-old girl from St. Lucia before her death at the age of 27 last week. The family of Dannika Augustine says the singer met the little girl while frequenting her grandmother’s bar on a visit to the island. They say the pair was inseparable, spending their time “playing, horse-riding and walking up and down the beach hand in hand.” The girl’s family said they had no qualms about Winehouse adopting the little girl, despite her very public battle with drugs and alcohol.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013