A Cure for Baldness on the Horizon?
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 10 January 2011 1:33 PM
There’s good news for bald men in today’s Philadelphia Inquirer. For years, scientists thought that a man who had begun to lose his hair was losing stem cells too. But now they believe those stems cells are just “underachieving.” Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania hope that their discovery means a cure for baldness is on the horizon. One treatment that’s been floated is removing some hair follicles that are still performing, growing them outside the body, and then returning them to the scalp.
Read an abstract of the study, published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave