250-Pound Beach Towel
Written by Travis Smith | Friday, 27 July 2012 8:27 AM
Now that’s a beach towel. When Miami artist Misael Soto stakes out his place on the sand, it’s hard not to notice says the Sun Sentinel. His blue and white beach towel is 250 pounds and measures 59 feet long by 30 feet wide. Soto says the towel, which he sold his car to make, is a performance art piece designed to make people think about public spaces. The artist and his towel will begin a tour of East Coast beaches in August.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity