122 Years Later, Same Sourdough Starter
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 5 December 2011 9:14 AM
It’s 122 years old, but it’s not stale yet. The Casper Star-Tribune says the sourdough starter used by a Wyoming woman is older than the “rotary dial, airplane and [the] modern assembly line.” It’s older even, than the state of Wyoming. But 83-year-old Lucille Dumbrill says it’s easy to maintain her ancient starter—she keeps it in a jar in the fridge.
SOURCE: Casper Star-Tribune
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 29, 2014
- Rebuilding a $2.1 Billion Stealth Fighter
- Couple Turns $10K Into $50M Rainbow Loom Empire
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge Winner: Quicken Loans
- Alternative to the Colonoscopy
- Drywall Repair: A Step-By-Step Guide