122 Years Later, Same Sourdough Starter
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 5 December 2011 9:14 AM
It’s 122 years old, but it’s not stale yet. The Casper Star-Tribune says the sourdough starter used by a Wyoming woman is older than the “rotary dial, airplane and [the] modern assembly line.” It’s older even, than the state of Wyoming. But 83-year-old Lucille Dumbrill says it’s easy to maintain her ancient starter—she keeps it in a jar in the fridge.
SOURCE: Casper Star-Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 11/22 Abraham Zapruder and His Famous Film
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”