122 Years Later, Same Sourdough Starter
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 5 December 2011 9:14 AM
It’s 122 years old, but it’s not stale yet. The Casper Star-Tribune says the sourdough starter used by a Wyoming woman is older than the “rotary dial, airplane and [the] modern assembly line.” It’s older even, than the state of Wyoming. But 83-year-old Lucille Dumbrill says it’s easy to maintain her ancient starter—she keeps it in a jar in the fridge.
SOURCE: Casper Star-Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Parental controls aren’t just for kids. Tips to force yourself to take a break from your devices.
- 7/30 Beyoncé & Jay Z to Split Once Tour Finishes
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/24 Eating Well for $4 a Day
- 7/30 President Harding’s Steamy Love Letters Revealed
- 7/23 How to Cook the Perfect Pot of Rice