122 Years Later, Same Sourdough Starter
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 5 December 2011 9:14 AM
It’s 122 years old, but it’s not stale yet. The Casper Star-Tribune says the sourdough starter used by a Wyoming woman is older than the “rotary dial, airplane and [the] modern assembly line.” It’s older even, than the state of Wyoming. But 83-year-old Lucille Dumbrill says it’s easy to maintain her ancient starter—she keeps it in a jar in the fridge.
SOURCE: Casper Star-Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave