122 Years Later, Same Sourdough Starter
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 5 December 2011 9:14 AM
It’s 122 years old, but it’s not stale yet. The Casper Star-Tribune says the sourdough starter used by a Wyoming woman is older than the “rotary dial, airplane and [the] modern assembly line.” It’s older even, than the state of Wyoming. But 83-year-old Lucille Dumbrill says it’s easy to maintain her ancient starter—she keeps it in a jar in the fridge.
SOURCE: Casper Star-Tribune
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 20, 2013
- Jay Z Pressured to Drop Clothing Deal with Barneys
- The Significance of Saying “I”
- Should We Still Bother with Daylight Saving Time?
- Jump-Starting Your Brain With a Nine-Volt Battery
- Lion Ranch Welcomes Four New Cubs