My Fake Lady
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 18 January 2013 7:54 AM
I never Tebowed. When taking a knee in prayer at the grocery store or in line for the movies was all the rage, I stayed up right. But this morning at work, I Teoed. I couldn’t help myself. The New York Post says Teoing—snapping a photo of yourself with an arm slung around your fake girlfriend—is the latest practical joke to go viral. There’s a dedicated hashtag of Twitter (#Teoing) and at least one Tumblr page dedicated to making fun of the Notre Dame linebacker’s bizarre girlfriend hoax.
This Post illustrates the trend with this gem from teoing.tumblr.com:
And then there’s this one, a brilliant mash up of two news stories bouncing around today. Caption: “Teoing since 1996.”
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryApril 2, 2014
- Chelsea Clinton Announces Pregnancy
- Buying Fake Friends on Twitter & Facebook
- Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- Clippers Trying to Focus Amid Owner’s Alleged Racist Remarks