How Super was the Supermoon?
Written by Pats Papers | Sunday, 20 March 2011 12:58 AM
When I looked out my window tonight all I saw was a regular-looking full moon. After tweeting that I was underwhelmed with how “super” the moon was, I got a couple of replies with photos far superior to mine. Maybe the moon was “super” after all.
The “super perigree moon” meant that the moon tonight was supposed to be bigger (and closer to earth) than any full moon since 1993. My photo is above.
Then @stacygratz tweeted back with this shot from Brooklyn:
And earlier, NASA posted this one from Washington DC.
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 26, 2013
- “Mexicoke” May Fall Victim to New Tax
- Editorial: Philippines Typhoon Should Spark Climate Change Action
- The Illusion of Black Friday Discounts
- New Flying Car Design Could Take Off
- Analysis: Partisan Divide Will Likely Grow After Senate’s Nuclear Bomb