How Super was the Supermoon?
Written by Pats Papers | Sunday, 20 March 2011 12:58 AM
When I looked out my window tonight all I saw was a regular-looking full moon. After tweeting that I was underwhelmed with how “super” the moon was, I got a couple of replies with photos far superior to mine. Maybe the moon was “super” after all.
The “super perigree moon” meant that the moon tonight was supposed to be bigger (and closer to earth) than any full moon since 1993. My photo is above.
Then @stacygratz tweeted back with this shot from Brooklyn:
And earlier, NASA posted this one from Washington DC.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 30, 2014
- Hotel “Fines” Guests $500 for Bad Reviews
- Angels Work to Win Over Young Dodgers Fan
- It’s a Jungle Out There: Learning to Drive in New York City
- Wireless Phone Charging Coming Soon
- Ebola Drugs a Low Priority for Pharmaceutical Companies