How Super was the Supermoon?
Written by Pats Papers | Sunday, 20 March 2011 12:58 AM
When I looked out my window tonight all I saw was a regular-looking full moon. After tweeting that I was underwhelmed with how “super” the moon was, I got a couple of replies with photos far superior to mine. Maybe the moon was “super” after all.
The “super perigree moon” meant that the moon tonight was supposed to be bigger (and closer to earth) than any full moon since 1993. My photo is above.
Then @stacygratz tweeted back with this shot from Brooklyn:
And earlier, NASA posted this one from Washington DC.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryJuly 4, 2014
- Sports Pawn Shop Offers Cash and Secrecy for Championship Rings
- Europe Bankrolling Terror by Caving In to Ransom Demands
- Manuel Noriega Sues Activision Over Portrayal in “Call of Duty”
- The White House’s Third Wheel
- Bloomberg: Flight Ban to Israel Is Victory for Hamas