Honey Deuce: US Open’s Favorite Cocktail
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 31 August 2012 7:07 AM
(Photo and recipe courtesy of Grey Goose.)
Some people go to the US Open for the Tennis. And some, apparently, just go for the Honey Deuce. Created as the signature drink for the 2007 tournament, the grown-up vodka lemonade has been an Open staple ever since—despite the $14 price tag. Below is the recipe and don’t forget the garnish: three pale green melon balls meant to symbolize tennis balls in a can.
- 1 1/4 parts Grey Goose Vodka
- Fresh squeezed lemonade
- 1/2 part Chambord or premium raspberry liqueur
- Crushed ice
- Honeydew melon balls for garnish
- Fill chilled highball glass with crushed ice and add Grey Goose Vodka.
- Top with lemonade to just below the rim and then add Chambord.
- Garnish with honeydew melon balls.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryJuly 2, 2014
- Once Unlikely Partners IBM & Apple Team Up
- Hundreds of Obama Administration Rules Technically Illegal
- Chilly Manitoba the Slurpee Capital of the World
- Will Atlantic City Survive Losing Four Casinos?
- Searching for the Perfect Dunkin’ Donuts Location